Thursday, March 18, 2010

PUSSYFEST 2010

When Michael Moore's recent documentary Capitalism: A Love Story screened at last year's Toronto International Film Festival, and it started out with Moore's query of whether or not 100 years from now Americans would be remembered for their attention to human rights or their obsession with cats flushing toilets, I laughed the loudest in the audience and was quickly glared at by others who made it clear that I was "missing the point." Well, what can I say? The antics of cats have amused me since I was a child. That's why I'm so pleased and purr-oud that guest curator Jesse Miller has compiled a selection of shorts for the first annual PussyFest here at The Evening Class. Relish in the death of intelligentsia! Down with critical thinking! Meow.

Talking Cats















Stalking Cats







Maru's Greatest Hits







Synchronized Cats





Socially-relevant Documentary on Cat Addiction





Socially-relevant Documentary on Cat Eviction





Omnibus Shorts





Catcerto





Audience Favorites