Tuesday, April 07, 2009

SFIFF52—2008 Toronto International Film Festival Crossovers

Along with my interview with Carlos Sorín, secured at the World Premiere of La Ventana (The Window) at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival, here are some other films that I caught (and reviewed) at TIFF08 that are popping up in the SFIFF52 line-up.

Boasting its West Coast premiere and contending for the New Directors Prize, Aida Begić's
Snijeg (Snow) was one of my favorites from TIFF08's Discovery Program. I'm delighted that SFIFF52 has included it in their line-up. My transcription of the Q&A after the TIFF08 screening is available here.

My review of Olivier Assayas's L'Heure d'été (Summer Hours), which screened in TIFF08's Contemporary World Cinema section and has been picked up for SFIFF52's World Cinema program, can be found here.

My review of Claire Denis's
35 Shots of Rum, which screened in the Special Presentations Program at TIFF08 and whose West Coast premiere will be featured in SFIFF52's World Cinema section, can be found here.